All search engine experts (SEO) yearn for top rank in SERPs. It epitomizes a marathon. Every website takes part in it. And thereby, it achieves ranking. Ranking on first page identifies optimized websites or blogs. Social media popularity, backlinks, domain authority, optimized urls and many other page factors create an optimized webpage/site.
Now the question arises which key metric gifts top ranking? Keywords hold the top position in them. It implies the relevant and accurate selection of keywords. It’s not an uphill task. Put on the thinking cap and draft SEO promotion tricks. Achieving high rank in the year 2016 via SEO strategies can be possible. Check below ‘how’:
1. Blog post title matters a lot: The blog’s caption should reflect its whole meaning. So always remember to:
- Keep its size limited to 65 characters. It includes spaces as well.
- Include targeted keyword in the title tag. It should be used in the beginning.
- Frequently change the phrase of the keyword if using twice or thrice. For example, the keyword Best SMO strategies can be re-phrased as Best strategies for SMO or SMO’s Best Strategies.
2. Add permalink: Permalink is a static as well as permanent hyperlink to a website or blog. It represents the url of the website or blog.
- Include targeted keywords in the url.
- Avoid special characters, comma, symbol and brackets in it.
- Make it simple, short and beautiful.
3. Use heading tags: Heading tag is popularly known as h1 tag in HTML. It emphasizes on webpage’s title.
- Access HTML coding and use h1 tags, like h2, h3, for shedding spotlight on subheading and vital points.
- Assign h1 tag to the title.
- Frequent repetition of h2, h4 and so on tags can cause negative SEO. So avoid it.
4. Keyword density should be limited to 3%: Keyword density defines the percentage of the times a keyword is used on the webpage. It is measured in respect of the entire content.
- 3% is the maximum percentage of a keyword density is predefined by the Google.
- Use it 1.5% and optimally mix it with latent semantic indexing.
- Wisely use it in the beginning and the last paragraph.
- Bold them also.
5. Meta tags define web page: Meta tags stores structured metadata. It drops clue about the web page. But they constitute its HTML and XHTML coding.
- Add genuine Meta tag.
- It should be relevant to the web page.
- Make targeted keyword its part.
- Don’t exceed its limit to 160 characters.
- It should be simple and easy-to-understand. Therefore, search engine bots can recognize and crawl rapidly.
6. Add images: Images needs no elaboration provided that it should be relevant.
- Attach an image to the blog for illustrating it.
- Add keyword in the alt text and title of the image.
- Give preference to the small-size images over big ones for faster loading.
7. Be attentive to word count per post: Word count identifies the number of words used in a web page.
- In 2016, an ideal post should be 1200 to 1500 words long.
- Target high competition keywords.
- Keep it informative.
- Compare and analyze it with the synonymous posts.
8. Interlink of the webpages: Interlinking stands for joining two or more links pointing to other webpages of the same website.
- Use keyword pointing to other pages of the website naturally. This practice will blast organic traffic and the reader will stay for long.
- Use keyword in the anchor text to build linking.
- Don’t forget to create variety in building phrase while targeting same keyword.
9. Link external websites: External links act as back links. They introduce more organic traffic to the website from other website or blog.
- Choose relevant websites or blogs. For example, data research blog can be externally linked to the data science or outsourcing data services websites or blogs.
- Choose the trustworthy ones only.
- Put nofollow link if the website seems unworthy top trust. Some websites can pass on the page rank to spammers.
- Allot dofollow link to trusted ones for heavy online traffic.
10. Engaging content: Users love attractive illustrations, informative, impressive images, friendly language and easy content.